Chicago Heating Company Experts Provide Their Top 5 Heating Cost Cutting Measures For Homeowners
Let’s face it… saving money is important to pretty much everybody. What if I told you there were some easy things that we could all do to save money on monthly heating bills. What?! I know, you probably think I am crazy, so that is why I have asked our Chicago heating company experts to weigh in on some tips we can all take to save some money and stop wasting energy. While some of these tips might seem pretty obvious, you would be surprised by the amount of people that don’t take advantage of these simple hacks.
Tips From the Chicago Heating Company Experts @ Polar Heating & Air Conditoning
- Lower The Thermostat! Duh, right? But, how many of you actually do it. Our Chicago heating company experts explain that for every 1 degree you lower your thermostat, you can save 1% on your heating bills. Go ahead and put on another sweatshirt to keep warm. Also, lower the thermostat when you go to bed or go to work. There is no need to fully heat an empty home.
- Install A WiFi Thermostat Or A Programable Thermostat: New thermostats can remove you from the equation when it comes to managing your homes heat. A programmable thermostat can set you home’s temperature at various degrees, at various times, throughout the day. A WiFi thermostat takes this concept further. You can control your home’s temperature from your phone or internet connected device.
- Seal It Up! If your home is older, the odds are good that you have some draft issues. If so, you need to seal those leaks. Our Chicago heating company experts say that you can save upwards of 30% on your heating bills by replacing weather stripping, applying window film, or installing storm doors. You are literally letting money blow out the window if you don’t take these simple steps.
- Ceiling Fans: Do you have ceiling fans installed in your home? Are you using them correctly? During winter months remember to reverse the direction on your fans. Chicago heating company experts agree that this could save you as much as 10% off of your monthly heating bills. Simply locate the small switch on your fan and change the direction of the fan.
- Maintenance: Perhaps the most important thing you can do to save money on your monthly heating bills is to have annual furnace maintenance performed. A clean and well maintained unit runs at peak efficiency and is less likely to need a repair. Also, remember to change your furnace filter. A dirty filter makes your furnace work harder, which leads to higher energy costs.