Chicago Air Conditioning Company Reviews & Choosing the Right HVAC Contractor
Choosing a home service provider is a daunting task. Most home services are expensive and the risk of choosing the wrong company is high. Fortunately, the internet is here to save unsuspecting homeowners from scams. So it would seem if you believe everything you read. Review websites such as Yelp, Google, Angie’s List, BBB, and more would like us to believe that all of the reviews are legit. The facts are a little more cloudy then they would like to admit. When it comes to Chicago air conditioning company reviews, it is best to perform a little more research than just visiting one site. It is important to visit several sites to get a good feel for the customer reactions of a heating and cooling company. That being said, the following is a list of Chicago HVAC Company Review sites with the pros and cons of each.
Chicago Air Conditioning Company Review Sites | The Big Guys
- YELP!: Yelp! is at the forefront of online reviews. While most people associate them with restaurants, they have entered hard and fast into the home services sector. The mobile app allows customers to send estimate requests to multiple home service providers at the same time. This functionality, combined with increasing numbers of providers on the platform have allowed Yelp! to grow. When it comes to the reviews themselves, a lot is left to be desired. The infamous “review filter” removes a lot of reviews and leaves some that are questionable. Yelp will tell you that this insures quality. Home service providers feel that it insures that real customers reviews are being hidden in favor of active Yelpers. This means that if you have never used Yelp before, your review is likely to be hidden. Be sure to check the “not recommended” reviews as well to gauge a company’s true score.
- GOOGLE: Google reviews are the first impression that a homeowner sees. When you type in Chicago Air Conditioning Company Reviews, you will see a list of of local companies. This list contains a star rating next to it. Many people trust google reviews because they are easy to view, share, and create. If you have a google account, you can review a business. This includes just about everyone. While that may seem good, Google doesn’t filter reviews. This can lead to many fake reviews. These fake reviews make a company look better than they actually are. Be sure to read the reviews carefully and read owner responses as well. This will help to weed out the fakes.
- Angie’s List: Angie’s List was once a land of unbiased customer opinions. Reviews at one time were legitimate and company quality scores were carefully calculated. Unfortunately, they ended the subscription model, sold themselves to Homeadvisor, and became an advertising based service. This results in the diluting of real reviews, quality scores, and company placement in search. Fortunately, Angie’s List still has a reputation for quality when it comes to home services. Hopefully, they can stay away from the HomeAdvisor model.
- Home Advisor: Home advisor is a service that connects homeowners to heating and cooling companies in Chicago. Unfortunately, they deal in paid leads. Most large heating and cooling companies do not use the Home advisor service. Larger companies that offer the best pricing, insurance, and warranty are absent.
- Facebook: Facebook Recommendations are along the lines of Google reviews. There could be some fakes, but most are legit. If everyone on Facebook despises a Chicago HVAC contractor, it is best to stay away.
- BBB: First, the BBB is not a government agency. It is a private corporation that makes money off of advertising and membership fees. Many people use the BBB as a platform to complain about a company. The site does have reviews as well. It can be a good place to continue research on specific companies. Keep in mind, the BBB and large companies do often mingle. For example, some companies perform cross advertising with the BBB. This advertising connection muddies the water when it comes to trust.
In the end, it is important to read all Chicago Air conditioning company reviews when choosing a provider. While it takes some time, you will be glad you did. Homeowners should also ask friends, family, and neighbors for recommendations as well. After all, it is easier to trust real people than the faceless mobs on the internet. If you would like more information on our services or would like a list of references, contact us today.